THE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF MECHATRONICS AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Director: Serhii Oleksandrovych Kharchenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor
Address: Moskovskyi Avenue, 45, Kharkov
Telephone: (057) 732-86-40
The Education and Research Institute of Mechatronics and Management Systems (ERI MMS) was formed on the basis of the faculty of Mechanization of Agriculture in 1930, i.e. from the year of foundation of Kharkiv Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture (KhIMEA).
The Education and Research Institute of Mechatronics and Management Systems is located in the building which is considered to be a historical landmark and occupies the square of 1250 m2. The Institute trains about 700 students. The education, research and vocational complex is created on the basis of the Institute which has 7 departments:
• the department of tractors and automobile;
• the department of agricultural machinery;
• the department of optimization of technological systems named after T.P. Yevsiukov;
• section of practical training;
• section of agronomy;
• the department of quality, standardization and certification;
• the department of job safety;
• the department of physical training and sports.
The Institute trains students in 2 specialities:
• mechanization of agriculture
• quality, standardization and certification
and also in 13 specializations:
• mechanization of agriculture;
• mechanization of livestock breeding;
• state technical inspection;
• mechanization of plant growing;
• job safety;
• engineering management;
• machinery and technologies in plant growing;
• mechatronics of technical systems;
• management systems of quality and safety of food;
• quality management;
• management of food safety;
• ecological management;
• sertification of products and service;
• standardization of products and processes.
Specializations meet completely the requirements of APC for engineers and technical service.
The Institute also embodies:
• the center of certification and test of agricultural and mobile machinery;
• Vovchansk vocational school which trains young specialists in specialization “Mechanization of agriculture”;
• subsidiary branch on the experimental farm “Kutuzivka”;
• education and experimental center “1 of May”;
• educational polygon with general square of 43 ha;
• experimental field of 195 ha;
• information and computer center.